The stabilisation and exit of distressed property company or operating company loans requires the following key skills:
- Intensive hands-on financial management, probing, and experience of distressed situations
- Strong property/business management skills, and knowledge of property and corporate law
- The ability to step back from the detail, and to isolate and address the issues to repair/maximise asset value for a lender
- People and relationship building skills, and in particular, to manage the professionals and control loan exit costs
- An independent approach to think like a property/business owner rather than a lender or loan investor
Roscoe Management provides the following supporting roles:
- Hands-on management of distressed property assets or real estate backed operating companies, where confidence in management is lost.
- Business reviews of property portfolios or operating businesses occupying properties secured to distressed loans.
- Review of business processes, and borrower’s management of cash.
- Review borrower’s business plans to exit a loan portfolio and scrutinise for deliverability.
- Preparation of business plans for the credit committee advising on loan exit solutions.
- Advising on the insolvency of property holding companies and ‘best’ restructuring solutions for property exits.